Last updated on May 11th, 2017
Why do you think we should use Google Analytics? Because GA gives us the free detailed website data. GA provides us with much more details than any paid internet analytics. In fact GA is also pretty simple to set up and we can easily get Google Analytics property tracking ID for our single or multiple websites which in turn can be linked to our wordpress, blogspot or any other sites which we are using.
Generating Google Analytics property tracking ID
Setting up Google Analytics for first time user
1. Sign Up with Google Analytics.
2. Your Account Name can be anything which describes your account. It can even be your name, your company name or anything you want to. To give an example am setting it to Demo.
3. Here you are setting up your first property. So provide your website name and URL.
Selecting industry will not effect your data but it is wise to select the correct industry.
Setting up of correct reporting time zone is important as it will be reflected in your data.
4. Keep the recommended settings.
5. Get Tracking ID
6. So you have got the Tracking ID for the website URL you have submitted.
How to add another website to google analytics
When you create multiple websites and wish to add google analytics to all of them then you can add it under the same account which you have already created. 50 is the highest number of google analytics property tracking id that we can create, that is the number of websites which you can add under a single account name. That’s quite a lot i guess.
1. Go to Admin Settings at the bottom left of your page.
2. Click on the drop down list which you will find beside your website name.
You will get create new property.
3. Fill the website name and URL the same way which you did while setting up the google analytics account.
4. Click Get Tracking ID.
Thus You will get the google analytics property tracking id for your new website.