GENERATING GOOGLE ANALYTICS PROPERTY TRACKING ID
Why do you think you should use Google Analytics? Because it will help you to keep track of your visitors.
Google Analytics Setup gives us the free detailed website data. GA provides us with much more details than any other paid internet analytics. In fact Google Analytics is also pretty simple to set up and we can easily get the tracking ID for our single or multiple websites which in turn can be linked to our wordpress, blogspot or any other sites which we are using.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS SETUP FOR FIRST TIME USER
Google Analytics for Beginners
1. Sign Up with Google Analytics.
2. Your Account Name can be anything which describes your account. It can even be your name, your company name or anything you want to. To give an example am setting it to Demo. 3. Here you are setting up your first property.
So provide your website name and URL. Selecting industry will not effect your data but it is wise to select the correct industry.
Setting up of correct reporting time zone is important as it will be reflected in your data.
HOW TO ADD ANOTHER WEBSITE TO GOOGLE ANALYTICS
When you create multiple websites and wish to add google analytics to all of them then you can add it under the same account which you have already created.
100 is the highest number of google analytics property tracking id that we can create, that is the number of websites which you can add under a single account name. That is a helll lottttt.
1. Anyways, let’s go to Admin Settings at the bottom left of your page.
2. Click on the drop down list which you will find beside your website name. You will get create new property.
3. Fill the website name and URL the same way which you did while setting up the google analytics dashboard.
4. Click Get Tracking ID.
Now you have successfully got the tracking ID of your 2nd website.
HOW TO ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO WEBSITE (WordPress)
Definitely both the coding and plugin are present.
You can always use Google Analytics WordPress plugin to connect it to WordPress site.
2. CODING MANUALLY (The way I do)
If you want to avoid excessive use of plugins then go to:
Google Analytics > Admin > Property Settings
Click on Tracking Info > Tracking Code
Copy the Code under Website Tracking It will Look like this
Now go to:
WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Editor > Theme Footer
Paste the copied code at the end > Update File
Google Analytics can also be added to website by Google Tag Manager or Global Site Tag.
STRUGGLING WITH SEO? TAKE THE FREE E-COURSE