Pinterest is having high PR (PR9) with a global rank of 30. Backlinks are the foundations of page ranking system in search engines. So, to get a Pinterest backlink we need to verify our website on Pinterest. There are 2 ways on ‘How to verify WordPress website on Pinterest’; it is either with adding of meta data or uploading file. Here we will be showing all the possible ways to verify the website in simple ways. Let us go in the details of each method.
HOW TO VERIFY WORDPRESS WEBSITE ON PINTEREST
1. Log on to Pinterest.com
2. Click on settings option.
3. Scroll down to confirm website.
4. This is what you will get after filling up your site URL and clicking on to confirm website.
Now there are 2 ways to confirm your website:
1.Copy the Meta name and put it in the <head> section of your website.
2. Download the file and upload it in the file manager.
1. PUTTING META NAME IN HEAD SECTION OF YOUR WEBSITE
You can put the meta name in the head section of the site in 2 ways. One is simply by installing a plugin and second one is to edit the head section which requires no programming language.
A) Installing The Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
A plugin always simplifies our ways and its pretty easy to do any HTML/CSS edits with the help of a plugin as well as to add website to pinterest.
- Install Header and Footer plugin.
- Activate it.
- Put the Meta Name in ‘scripts in header’ section.
- Save it.
B) Editing the <head> section of website’s index.html file
1. Go to your wordpress website dashboard. Click on Apperance<Editor.
2. Scroll down to ‘Theme Header’ on the right side of the page.
3. You will see the HTML <head> part where you need to insert the meta name which you have copied from Pinterest.
4. Paste your meta name before the closing of the </head>.
5. Update the file and go to Pinterest page and click on Finish to get the site confirmed status.
2. HOW TO UPLOAD PINTEREST VERIFICATION FILE TO WORDPRESS
1. Now go to CPanel< File Manager
Irrespective of hosting service provider you are using, you will have to upload this file in CPanel file manager.
If you are using your File Manager for first time then you will be shown a pop-up window where you need to select the Web Root and always select to show your hidden files.
2. Click on upload file.
3. Choose the downloaded file.
4. After completion of uploaded file you should get the site confirmed tick in your Pinterest Account.
Thus you get a count worthy backlink from Pinterest. If you are having any sort of queries or unable to confirm website then can comment below.
INCREDIBLE TIPS TO SET UP PINTEREST PROFILE
Complete your Pinterest profile and say your users what service you provide. Look at the following snap and check the description she has provided. It gives your users a complete idea that what are you up to and what your blog is all about. This is a real good practice if you want thousands of followers.