EASY AND FUN CATERPILLAR CRAFT
Colorful pom-pom caterpillar craft.
Hungry caterpillar eating the leaves.
The hungry caterpillar is a beloved children’s book that has been around for decades.
In this craft, your child will have the opportunity to create their own unique version of the story and share it with you!
WHO SHOULD PLAY WITH IT?
This project is perfect for kids aged 3-6 years old and can be completed in 20 minutes or less.
It would also make a great family activity, so grab your little one and get creative!
This is a hungry caterpillar craft that is perfect for pre-schooler kids too.
The summer vacations are the correct timings for this kinda sweet crafts.
Kids love to play with color.
So are our caterpillars are made up of lovely colorful pom-poms and not only green.
WHAT STORIES CAN YOU INVOLVE HERE?
Preschooler kids are always eager to hear new stories.
The best way to involve them in a craft is by letting them know what is the craft all about.
We can easily tell about:
The life cycle of a caterpillar?
Did you know that butterflies begin as an egg and hatch into larvae?
These larvae then turn into pupae, before finally becoming fully grown butterflies!
It’s amazing how much children can learn from this simple craft.
The simplest way to say is egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
All beautiful butterflies undergo a complete metamorphosis.
And caterpillars need to eat a lot, and that is how they became hungry caterpillars.
What foods does a caterpillar eat?
They happily keep munching on leaves and flowers.
They love eating plant seeds too.
Yups, the caterpillar crafts are perfect timings to tell about caterpillars.
THINGS YOU NEED
- Craft paper
- Hole puncher
- Green sketch pen
HOW TO DO
- Take a green craft paper and cut it in the shape of a leaf.
- Draw the pattern of a leaf using the green sketch pen.
- Punch a few holes in it.
- For the caterpillar, you can use different color pom-poms as kids will love it.
- Use glue to join 4-5 pom poms side by side.
- The pom-poms I have used are large in size, so 4 is enough. You can also use 5 depending on the size.
- Stick 2 googly-eyes on the first pom poms.
- Place the caterpillar pillar on the leaf cut out.
- Allow the glue to dry.
You are done.
My Take on Caterpillar Craft Ideas
This is simple fun and colorful caterpillar activity for the toddler or preschoolers.
The hungry caterpillar craft is a great way to teach kids about the life cycle of a butterfly.
Likewise, you can make more colorful activities to get the kid engaged.
They simply love colors.
Did you have fun doing it?
Related Caterpillar Craft Ideas:
- Popsicle mathematical game for a toddler?
- 12 inexpensive Christmas Gift ideas that kids will love.
- 12 cute Christmas DIY crafts for kids
- 15 Popsicle Craft Best for Summer-Time